2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Monday, July 18, 2011

Getting started again

First of all, I am typing this on my iPad. It is very different. So if I have some spelling or punctuation mistakes, that is why. I will try not to type in my usual iPad/iPhone shorthand.

I am sitting in the waiting room at TCH west campus while John is at his occupational therapy appointment. We took a year off from all private therapies when he started kindergarten to let him adjust to the full day school schedule without wearing him out any more. I don't think I really intended to take the whole year off, but that's just the way that it worked out. Now that TCH has a hospital on our side of town, it is much easier to get to therapy. So I thought it was time to get him ba k into PT and OT during the summer so he'll be used to it again when school starts. Last week was our first OT session. Obviously I need to get back into the routine too because I completely forgot about it this morning and we were a little late getting here. Last week he had a good start so hopefully we can build on that and see some improvement with his eating. Some things we are working on is him recognizing that some foods have to be chewed before he can swallow it and drinking from a straw or cup. It's time to get rid of the bottle. We have to find a better way to get him drinking. And if I can stop Pureeing food, there would be a lot more options of food for him to eat. He would love trying new things and we could get him completely off of jarred food.

His PT evaluation isn't scheduled until August. We are still working on the walking and would like to get him a little more steady on his feet. Hopefully he hasn't lost too much since he stopped therapy last year and can pick up where he left off. I'll keep you updated on that progress when we start.

That's all for now. John should be about finished and will be coming out soon. Hoping his session was good today.

No comments: