2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Monday, June 17, 2013

Down Time

I made it to Columbus yesterday and the flight was uneventful.  I arrived at the Ronald McDonald House around 5pm.  I have to say this place is far nicer than I was expecting.  I have experience with the smaller Ronald McDonald House that is inside of Texas Children's but I never stayed at the larger, freestanding house.  The room is very similar to a hotel.  There are a lot of amenities here that help to make it feel more like home.  They have a TV area in the main lobby along with a few other TV rooms in the other parts of the house.  They have an exercise center, which I don't plan to use.  They have a game room with a pool table and air hockey along with some other games.  They have free laundry services as well as a fully stocked kitchen.  They actually have 4 kitchen areas where people can cook.  And they provide 3 meals a day, every day.  There is also a media room with nice recliner chairs and a big screen where you can check out DVD's to watch.  Being in Columbus, we are in the heart of Ohio State University.  So one area here was donated by Jim Tressel and his wife, the former long time coach of Ohio State, and one room is designated for watching Ohio State Football on Saturdays during football season.  It is really nice here.

I have mostly hung out in my room, watching TV or reading.  Oh, and I've played a lot of Candy Crush.  I slept until 9:00 this morning, and felt a little guilty for sleeping that late.  Then I walked across the street to check out the hospital and to find my way to the Cardiology clinic, so I'll know where to go tomorrow.  The Hospital itself is pretty nice.  It's a children's hospital, so the open areas are decorated super cute.  I even took a picture inside the lobby this morning.


Children's Hospital Lobby


Also, while I was there I checked out the gift shop and I found this toy that I will definitely have to get John.





Tommy said that we can get it and let John chew and slobber all over the Ohio State logo.  Sounds like a good plan to me.

After Lunch, I went to see a movie.  I saw the Jackie Robinson movie, 42 and enjoyed it.  I was the only person in the theatre.  Kind of weird, but also kind of nice.

Overall I feel fine.  I feel my heart beating fast most of the day, but I think because I'm not home trying to keep up with John, then I don't feel terrible.  That may change tomorrow, but for now, I'm just going to enjoy the time to myself, since we all know that is something moms rarely get.

Thanks for all of the sweet text messages, emails and phone calls I have received from so many people saying they are praying for me.  It is very much appreciated.  I tried to Face Time with John this morning, but he was too busy looking at Ms. Caitlin to even realize it was me.  I guess I haven't been gone long enough for him to miss me.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying all goes well for you! Keep us posted. Is someone with you?

Joanna said...

I'm by myself for now, but Tommy is coming up on Thursday. Can you tell me who wrote that comment?