2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Friday, June 14, 2013

Calling all Prayer Warriors

A couple of posts ago, I told you about our summer plans and I mentioned that I would be going to Ohio for a heart procedure.  Well, the time has come and I wanted to share just a short post about our plans for next week and how you can pray for us.


Saturday night, I will take my last dose of anti-arrhythmia medication and then Sunday I will get on a plane and fly to Columbus.  I have a reservation at the Ronald McDonald House at Nationwide Children's Hospital and will be staying there possibly 3 nights.   On Tuesday, I will see my doctor in clinic for her to do some routine tests to check the function of my heart.  She plans to admit me into the Ross Heart Hospital sometime on Wednesday, unless I'm feeling bad before Wednesday.  Then she'll admit me earlier.  Thursday morning, Tommy will fly up to meet me and sometime that day, we will meet the Adult Congenital Heart Team who will be overseeing my care while I'm there.  Then, sometime on Friday, I will have the procedure.  If all goes according to plan, I will be able to leave the hospital sometime on Saturday and we plan to fly home Sunday.  If the procedure does not work, then I may have to go into the hospital once I get home in order to start the medication that I'm trying so hard not to have to take.

So here are the specific things you guys can pray for.  

1.  Pray for safe travels for both Tommy and me.  
2.  Pray for John as he stays home with our nanny while we are away.  
3.  Pray for the nanny, Caitlin, as this will be her first time to keep John overnight.  Fortunately, we      have night nursing to give her a break.  
4.  Pray for the procedure itself.  Pray that it goes smoothly with no complications.  Pray that they are able to get rid of some of the arrhythmia if not all of it.  Pray that I will not have to go on the new medication.  
5.  Pray that I will tolerate being off of my medication the first part of the week.  
6.  Pray for the doctors involved.  Pray for wisdom to make the right decisions during the procedure.

I'll do my best to keep everyone updated while I'm there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praying, praying, praying!