2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Update

Just wanted to post a quick update to last night's sleep study.  I've had a few people ask how it went.  The answer is, it went well compared to past studies.  The prep process, while annoying, went as smooth as it can.  John did not get upset.  Once we turned out the lights, he fell asleep pretty quickly.  For the most part, he slept pretty well.  I didn't sleep as well as he did, but I did sleep some.  I got up a few times to check on him, but I didn't really need to turn him or adjust him in the bed.  I was happy about that.  I got the best sleep probably between 4 and 6 am.  Then it was time to go.

I got him home just after 7:00 and Tommy and I gave him a bath and washed the stuff out of his hair.  He ate breakfast and then he and I took a nap.  Well, really he took a nap and I just dosed off and on for an hour and a half.  Then I took him to school.  Of course 2 hours later I got a call from school that he had thrown up (just like he did on Monday) and I had to go and pick him up.  However, I was in the middle of an appointment with my favorite Optometrist, so it took me a while to get there.  He isn't actually sick.  Something he is doing or that is going on around him is making him throw up.  Either that, or he's making himself sick because he wants to come home.  Either way, he's going back to school tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts, prayers, emails and text messages to let me know you are thinking of us.  We hope to get results in the next week or so and I'll let you know when we do.

No comments: