2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Monday, December 27, 2010

Turning a Corner

It finally seems that John is turning a corner.  His O2 levels are finally starting to level out at night, and he has been doing a lot more playing the last two days, although he is pretty clingy after being held for most of a week.  I even have heard him laugh a few times.  It's been a while since I have heard that sweet laugh of his.  He still has some congestion and a cough, but all of those things are manageable as long as his oxygen levels are normal.

As for me, I'm still hanging in.  I've still got a lot of congestion and am still coughing up a lung, especially at night, but I'm feeling much better.  I just hope that by the end of the week, we are all completely better.

As far as our Colorado trip that we missed out on, word from my parents and my sister-in-law is that everyone is having a good time.  They have a lot of snow and even had a snowball fight yesterday.  I wish I could be there to see the kids enjoying the snow.  I know John would be loving it.

We are thinking of planning a new trip for another time.  We are trying to decide whether to go at spring break or in the summer.  But we do want to go to the Adaptive Sports Center in Crested Butte, Colorado.  They have amazing opportunities for John all year around, so we just have to figure out when would be the best time to go.  I still want to see him ski, but we would probably have a better chance of keeping him well in the summer.

We hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year.  If John is well enough on Friday, we will get to spend New Year's Eve with some friends.  Wishing you all Health and Happiness is 2011!!!

1 comment:

The Paradis Family said...

I am truly sorry that you guys were unable to go on your trip :-( I know you must have been incredibly disappointed....it wasn't my trip and I was disappointed!! But, I am so glad to see that John is finally feeling better (and you too of course)! I really hope that you guys are able to plan & go on this trip sometime soon....and I can't wait to see the pictures from it :-)