2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas in Houston

Yesterday came and we made the decision that staying in Houston was the best choice for us.  We need to get John well, and it will be more difficult to do that if we go on our trip.  So we made the difficult choice not to go skiing. 

When I think about not having to pack and travel and all of the "not fun" part of going on a trip, I'm okay with it.  But when I think about all of the fun things we will miss out on and not being able to see my family, I get a little sad.  This will be the first Christmas I have ever spent away from my family.  I will get to see my parents tonight and tomorrow morning.  They are driving here to Houston so they can fly out tomorrow.  So we'll try to spend a nice evening with them and they can watch John open his gifts from Santa in the morning.

But the part that is the most weird is that it doesn't look like Christmas here.  We decided not to put up a tree or decorate the house since we weren't planning on being here.  So it is going to be weird tomorrow without a Christmas tree.

But we are going to try and make the most of things.  We are going to spend a nice evening with my parents tonight and then try and have a nice meal tomorrow, just the three of us.  It'll be quiet, but the most important thing is that we will be together as a family of 3.

And there is always 24 hours of "A Christmas Story" on TV starting tonight.  That is my favorite Christmas movie.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone out there who may be reading this, from the Hitt Family.  May you be richly blessed and don't forget that we would have neither Christmas nor Eternal Life if God hadn't chosen to send his only son.

No comments: