2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Friday, May 25, 2012

Heart to Heart

I think the last place we left off was right about the time when the MRI was cancelled because the anethesiologist wanted John to have an echocardiogram before he would sedate him for an MRI. I was pretty perturbed about it because I knew he would have a hard time lying still for the echo. But they wouldn't sedate him for an echo. On Tuesday, Caitlin and I (our wonderful summertime nanny) picked John up from school at 1:00 and heading down to TCH to attempt a nonsedated echo. I thought we might be there a while, because my own experience is that echo is behind A LOT. But we didn't wait long at all before they called us back. We got in the room and layed him on the bed and took his shirt off. The first thing he did was put his hands behind his head. That is his sleeping position. Every night, when we put him to bed, he immediately puts his hands behind his head. I then noticed that his diaper was wet and he had wet through his shorts. So I went ahead and changed him and decided to leave his change of clothes off until we were done. So he was layed out on the bed in nothing but a diaper, and he loved it. He wouldn't be a boy if he didn't. I have to say that I thought he did exceptionally well. He never once tried to grab anything, or smear the goo they put on his chest. He did figit a lot and moved his legs around and even bounced his rear end up and down on the bed a few times, but I was pleasantly surprised with how well he did. Finally we were done. So we got him dressed and ready to head home. On our way out, I decided to pop into the pacemaker lab and say hello to my favorite nurses. Isn't it funny that both of them are named Melissa? Anyway, they asked if I had his holter results yet and I said no. So she looked it up for me and said that it was one good looking holter. He had primarily sinus rythmn, no arrythmias and nothing abnormal. She is not used to seeing a holter that good from someone with the last name of Hitt. I called Tommy on the way home and told him that I thought John had done exceptionally well, and he said now we have egg on our face since we made such a big stink about him being sedated for it. The next day, Dr. H called to give me the results. She said that just as I predicted, he had a hard time being still. Really? I thought he was as still as he's going to be and still be awake. I guess we didn't have egg on our face after all. She said that because he wasn't as still as necessary, it wasn't a complete study. But they were able to confirm that there was no hypertrophy and that he would be okay for sedation for the MRI. I'm glad that he had his heart cleared, but at the same time I'm quite frustrated because I knew there was nothing wrong with it and we should have had the MRI done already. Now we have to wait 2 weeks before we get it done. This has been quite the process, but I'm glad our Dr. H is being thorough. On a seperate note, this blog is brought to you courtesy of my iPad. No, the iPad isn't new, but the way I'm typing is. My wonderful husband though that a good Mother's Day present for me would be this nifty iPad case. It is called a Zagg. The case comes with a place for two things. On one side, you put your iPad and on the other, you can put an actual keyboard. And the keyboard has a little ledge where you can prop your iPad up and then are essentially using it as a lap top. A very small laptop. I didn't know if I was going to like it so much, but I do. And now I can blog from anywhere, not just my actual laptop that has a battery life of about 30 minutes. Kind of defeats the purpose of being a laptop. The only downside is that some iPad apps can only be used in portrait mode and you have to take the iPad out of the case for that. And to close out this post, I have to tell you that I am now the mother of a 7 year old. My baby boy had a birthday yesterday. If I think about it in age, it doesn't seem possible for him to be 7. But if I think about it in years, it sometimes feels a lot longer than 7 years. I think that is just because we have gone through so much in those years. But either way, I love him like there is no tomorrow. He had a fun day yesterday and we took him out to dinner last night. We celebrated his birthday with our family earlier this month, and tomorrow we are celebrating with our friends. We are having a water party in our backyard. It should be a lot of fun. I knew this was going to be a busy week, getting ready for the party, but that still didn't stop my body from letting me down. I ended up with bronchitis this week and I have been coughing my head off every day and every night. I haven't had much sleep and I'm running on fumes, but I'm still going. The steroid that the Dr. gave me has turned my face red, but hopefully it starts taking care of my cough SOON. And I have to say that if it wasn't for the help of the best neighbor ever, I wouldn't have gotten everything done. She has all but taken over my party planning and decorations. It will be obvious that I didn't do it, because I'm just not creative, but it will be such a cute party. I can't wait to share with you guys all the fun we have.

1 comment:

artsygirl said...

You are an amazing person and mom, Joanna. I am glad you do blog since we don't get to visit often. Hope we see you soon.